Sunday, July 27, 2014

Diapers, Huggies

Diaper
As I wrote in my previous post, I am going through the diaper brands that I have used on my sweetheart's butt. As I will go through the details of each diaper, I will write on each brand in a separate post. 
I want to start sharing about my baby!!! Since every baby is unique, so I will tell you about my baby's size. 

    


Now he is around 6+ kg, his thighs are lovely, because he gained weight there first. Usually I can't dress him the size that the diaper brands suggested because the diapers are small around his thighs and leave a red mark there, so I have to use a bigger size. Right now I am using  L size.
About his skin I can say I just love his ultra soft skin which fortunately is not sensitive. He got diaper rash just once which all settled down by the next day. 

Well, let's start with Huggies ...
The hospital that my son was born in provided Huggies and a new parent we met told us the hospital used Huggies because they received them for free! But the nursery staff told us, they use Huggies because babies wouldn't get diaper rash !?

Anyway, after my 3 night stay in hospital, my son finished exactly one packet of S size Huggies. However, on the day of our discharge, they opened another new packet, so we had no choice but pay for the extra packet. That's my first time experience of the brand! It was Huggies ultra. Even so, I liked using them. 
My baby was born 2.9 kg, he was too tiny when we first brought him home. Huggies fitted him very well. It felt breathable to me and the cotton looked ok. What I like most about Huggies is the elastic waistband. 
Anyway my son couldn't wear S size when his weight was about 3.5kg anymore because of the red marks the diaper left on his thighs, So I had to switch to a bigger size. 
I started disliking Huggies because of the overall fit on my baby.  The recommended size by weight was leaving deep red marks on his thighs, while the bigger size was leaking. It is too narrow on the butt. 
Well, I still continue using Huggies because I dislike the other brands that I tested more than Huggies, until I tried a Japanese brand ( I'll tell you about it soon). For now, I still have Huggies to use. 
My dear hubby suggested that I better try Huggies dry pants too, so I did. Not a good idea !!! As my baby is fully breastfed and his poop is soft, taking off the diaper was too difficult, so I used scissors. Later I found out that pants are good when the babies can stand up themselves, and is recommended for active babies. However I think around the thighs the dry pants is a bit tighter than Huggies ultra. 
I was reading the reviews on diaper brands and I read lots of positive comments on Pampers but where I live,  I still haven't found it at the local supermarkets! I am not sure if the Pampers company doesn't want to sell here or I am looking for it in wrong places!?!? 
I will update you here on my Huggies experience.

Sahar. H





No comments:

Post a Comment